9.22.2009

The Blathering

If you look to your right, and down a little, there's a button for The Blathering. I was originally going there, to Sacramento, to get tipsy & do (sing?) bad karaoke w/ Princess Nebraska, She Likes Purple, Not that you Asked, Momma K, Inside Dog.....and lots of other new friends. But...

Then being an adult got in the way, and it really sucks. 

So yeah. No Blathering for me. No pedicure, no sleeping in a tent in Princess Nebraska's backyard, no begging her to let me paint a wall in her house, no drunk stumbling into her garden, no wine sponsor (how cool is that??), and no karaoke. 

But what bothers me the most, really, is the new friendships. Missing out on the new friendships is hard for me. I've read both Princess Nebraska and Not that you Asked for awhile (but not always commented), and was really looking forward to stalking meeting them. Also? I really need a break. A break from school, stress, being a mom, stress, cleaning my house, stress, trying to adopt a dog, stress....did I mention stress? 

Ah well, I'll be an adult this weekend, and stay home with my girl, while my hubby goes hunting (a trip paid for last year, so, really, he's not being un-adult-like). Maybe I'll do my own karaoke? Drink mimosas by myself? Or sleep. How about sleep? 

7 comments:

Holly said...

Sorry hun...wish you were going even though I was insanely jealous.

annie said...

Oh no! I was so looking forward to meeting you. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it. Know that you'll be missed.

Kristie said...

I. AM. SAD.

Chris said...

Let's get online Sat night and have a few drinks together- OK?

Unknown said...

Aw, hon, that sucks. Definitely drink mimosas either way.
And while you're at it, stop over at my blog - there's a little something there for you :)

curlyheadedtuba said...

I'm with Chris! We can post tweets about missing the Blathering, while drinking wine.

She Likes Purple said...

Well, for what it's worth, there was no karaoke. So, next year! (Yep, the next installment is already being planned.)